Hippo Sak® 13 Gallon Tall Kitchen Trash Bags Made with OceanBound Plastic
|Capacity:||13 Gallon Tall Kitchen Bag|
Made with 20% Recycled OceanBound Plastic
Super Strong Film
Hippo Sak 13 Gallon Tall Kitchen Trash Bag with Handles are made from recycled OceanBound plastic. This OceanBound plastic was collected from beaches in third-world countries BEFORE it entered the ocean to reduce pollution. Then this OceanBound plastic is used to make these Super Strong & Enviornmentally Conscious Tall Kitchen Bags – the recycling process is how they get their gray color. They also have our patented PowerStrip® reinforced bottom technology, making them 10 TIMES STRONGER than similar bags. Just like all Hippo Sak® products, our bags are guaranteed to have no more leaks, holes or tears. Best of all, the collection of this OceanBound Plastic has resulted in new jobs, allowing impoverished families to have work that provides food, shelter and educational opportunities that were not previously available.
So, feel good that you are helping turn the tide on ocean pollution & poverty while keeping your kitchen clean!
Turn the Tide on Ocean Pollution
As much as 12 Million Tons of plastic enters the ocean from third world countries each year, partially because many of them do not have organized trash collection services. Hippo Sak is excited to do our part to help reduce the effects of this issue by partnering with a company who is collecting OceanBound Plastic from these areas to bring you this strong, Environmentally Conscious new bag!
- These bags are made from Recycled OceanBound Plastic collected off the beaches in third world countries BEFORE it gets into the ocean, thus minimizing the pollution problem at it’s source.
- With approximately 80% of the plastic polluting our oceans coming from land based sources, we have a chance to impact this problem and reuse that waste to create a product that we use in our homes on a daily bases.
- Our Goal is to work with our recycled plastic partner to collect and use 5 Million pounds of Oceanbound Plastic to make these Super Strong Tall Kitchen Bags this year!
Turn the Tide on Poverty
Collection of OceanBound plastic is a large task! As a result, over 9,000 jobs have been created in the third world countries, such as Haiti that we are currently working with. These jobs mean that previously unemployed parents are able to provide food, shelter and even an education for their children that they previously could not.
- For every Super Sack of Plastic collected, a family of 4 can eat for a month.
- Children of these employees are able to attend schools and have the cost of their tuition, uniforms and books subsided.
- Providing opportunities for the local people to improve their standard of living and their local environment.
Just like all of our Hippo Sak Trash Bags, these come with ergonomic, comfortable handles make it much more convenient to empty a full trash bag. And our snug fit opening grips the can, keeping the bag securely in place. Easy to lift, easy to tie, easy to carry. So much easier on your hands. Drawstrings have nothing on our handles.
With 20% OceanBound Recycled Plastic, our bags are designed and produced to prevents punctures and rips. Add to that the 4-ply extra wide handles that won’t stretch or tear and you’ve got one super strong bag. In fact, it’s 10 times stronger than the leading brands!
Our Patented PowerStrip® Technology creates a reinforced bottom seam on our bag, making it 10 times stronger than similar bags. This helps keep all your garbage where it belongs — In the bag.